Shahi paneer is one of the famous paneer recipe in India. Its major ingredients are Paneer, Tomato, Cream and Indian spices.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- Paneer is also known as Cottage cheese. But unlike other common cheese, it does not melt.
- It can be made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid.
- Its texture ranges from soft and spongy to slightly firm and depends on for how long paneer is pressed after draining the liquid.
- It is highly perishable product because of high moisture content.
- It is an excellent source of protein. For vegetarians, it is a good alternative of meat products.
- Cumin is believed to be originated from Egypt.
- It is a drought-tolerant crop and grows in tropical regions.
- Although it is called Cumin Seed, it is basically fruit of the cumin plant.
- It is commonly known as Jeera in India.
- Around 70% of the world’s cumin production is done in India.
- Cardamom is also one of the world’s oldest spices – cultivated for more than 4000 years.
- Cardamom is a universally popular spice.
- Ancient people believed cardamom had supernatural powers and that it could drive out evil spirits.
- According to Chinese tradition, drinking cardamom tea is the secret to long life.
- There are two widely known form of Cardamom. They are the Black Cardamom and the Green Cardamom.
- Ginger is a rhizome (an underground stem) and not a root.
- India is the largest producer of Ginger.
- In India, use of ginger in medicine goes back to ancient times.
- Its generic name is “Zingiber”. It is derived from the Greek word “zingiberis”, which comes from the Sanskrit name of the spice, “singabera”.
- The intense smell and pungent taste of garlic comes from the large quantity of sulphur in it.
- It has a great importance in Ayurveda.
- Garlic is one of the oldest food flavorings used in ancient times.
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops.
- National Garlic Day is celebrated on April 19th in USA.
- The oldest know onion harvest dates back to around 5,000 BC, over 7,000 years ago!
- The sulfuric compounds in onions cause is to cry when we chop them. Chilling it before cutting reduced this effect.
- It was used by Athletes and soldiers in ancient civilizations as a source of power.
- These are some of the oldest vegetables that were used by the first modern civilizations.
- It is the state vegetable of New Jersey.
- Its juice is state beverage of Ohio.
- Tomato seedlings have been grown in space.
- The world’s largest tomato tree was grown in the experimental greenhouse at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Tomatoes aren’t always red. They can be yellow, pink, purple, black and even white.
- La Tomatina is an annual festival in Spain, where people throw tomatoes at each other.
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
- Kids’ sugar cravings are rooted in biology. Sugar is the only taste that humans are born craving.
- It is used as a food preservative as well.
- Natural source of sugar are sugarcane, fruits, honey, dates etc.
- Initially, sugar was so rare and expensive only royalty could afford it—and in very small quantities at that.
Restaurant Style Shahi Paneer
- Put a pan on gas stove.
- Add 1 tbsp butter.
- Once butter melts, add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Clove – 4 nos
- Green cardamom – 4 pods
- Black cardamom – 1 pod
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 8-10 cloves
- Saute for 10-20 sec on low flame.
- Now add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Onion – 2 nos
- Tomato – 4 nos
- Green chilli – 2 no
- Cashew nut – 12-15 nos
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water – 1½ cup
- Cook for 15-20 mins on low flame with lid covered.
- Allow it to cool.
- Blend and sieve it.
- Masala is now ready.
- Put a pan on tawa.
- Add Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Once heated, add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Saute on low flame for 10-15 sec.
- Now add 250 gm paneer cubes.
- Saute for 1-2 min on low flame.
- Now add the prepared mixture.
- Mix gently.
- Add Water – ½ cup and Salt – ½ tsp (as per taste).
- Cover the lid and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add Sugar – 1 tsp and Cream/malai – ¼ cup.
- Mix well and further Cook for 5 minutes.
Shahi Paneer is ready
Top site ,.. amazaing post ! Just keep the work on !
Hm,.. amazing post ,.. just keep the good work on!
I抳e read several just right stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you place to create any such magnificent informative web site.
Top ,.. I will save your website !
It抯 actually a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.
You’ve the most impressive websites.
Thank you for sharing this article with me. It helped me a lot and I love it.
Thank you for being of assistance to me. I really loved this article.
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up!
Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading it, especially because it addressed my problem. It helped me a lot and I hope it will help others too.