Paneer Tawa Fry I Tawa Paneer I Easy and quick paneer fry I Roasted healthy Paneer recipe
Paneer tawa fry is a spicy paneer snack recipe which is made on a tawa. It is a simple easy and quick recipe made with Paneer, Malai and spices. Paneer fry is a perfect starter/appetizer recipe. It is made using basic ingredients which are generally available in every kitchen. It is a healthy and tasty recipe.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- Ginger is a rhizome (an underground stem) and not a root.
- India is the largest producer of Ginger.
- In India, use of ginger in medicine goes back to ancient times.
- Its generic name is “Zingiber”. It is derived from the Greek word “zingiberis”, which comes from the Sanskrit name of the spice, “singabera”.
- The intense smell and pungent taste of garlic comes from the large quantity of sulphur in it.
- It has a great importance in Ayurveda.
- Garlic is one of the oldest food flavorings used in ancient times.
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops.
- National Garlic Day is celebrated on April 19th in USA.
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- Lemons are a fruit produced by a lemon tree.
- The name ‘Lemon’ has been derived from the Asian word which means ‘sour fruit’.
- The sour taste of Lemon is because of its citric acid content.
- Lemon juice can be used to make beverages, like cocktails, lemonade and soft drinks.
- In early times, lemons used to be so rare that wealthy people used to present lemons to each other.
- Lemon trees produce lemons throughout the year.
- Because of high level of acidity, Lemon is also used for cleaning stains around the house.
- Lemon Festival is celebrated in France in the month of February.
- Cumin is believed to be originated from Egypt.
- It is a drought-tolerant crop and grows in tropical regions.
- Although it is called Cumin Seed, it is basically fruit of the cumin plant.
- It is commonly known as Jeera in India.
- Around 70% of the world’s cumin production is done in India.
- Black Pepper comes from the dried fruit peppercorn.
- Black Pepper is mainly produced in India, Vietnam, Brazil and Indonesia.
- Black Peppercorns are green when harvested, and change color while drying.
- Pepper loses its flavor and aroma through evaporation. For the best flavor, it may be right before consumption.
- As it was so expensive, it was mostly eaten by the wealthy in the past.
Garam masala is a blend of spices rather than a single spice. It is extensively used in Indian Cuisine, especially in Northern India. All the spices are roasted to release their aromatic flavors. Subsequently they are ground to make its powder form. “Garam” indicates warm and “Masala” indicates spice.
- Black salt or kala namak is not really black in colour. In its crystal form, it looks purple.
- It is also known as “Himalayan black salt”.
- Historically, it is made from the salt rocks, mined in Himalayas region.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
Paneer Tawa Fry
- Take a bowl.
- Add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Fresh malai – ¼ cup
- Crushed Ginger,Garlic,Green chilli – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat masala – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Black Salt – ½ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp (As per taste)
- Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
- Gram flour – 1 tbsp
- Mixed herbs – ¼ tsp
- Chilli flakes – ¼ tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- Mix well.
- Add 150 gram Paneer.
- Mix gently.
- Keep aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Put a Tawa on gas on low flame.
- Spread 1 tbsp oil on a Tawa.
- Put marinated Paneer pieces on Tawa.
- Fry on low flame both sides till golden colour.
Paneer Tawa Fry is ready.
In marinate preparation, Kashmiri Red Chilli powder is added for color. It is optional.