Eggless Onion Ring I Crispy Homemade Onion Rings
Onion Rings are a popular appetizer.It is very easy to make at home with basic ingredients.Sweet and tender on the inside, crispy and crunchy on the outside. Once you try these extra crispy onion rings,you will never need to search for another recipe. This is perfect snacks for any occasion. This dish has many different variation.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- The oldest know onion harvest dates back to around 5,000 BC, over 7,000 years ago!
- The sulfuric compounds in onions cause is to cry when we chop them. Chilling it before cutting reduced this effect.
- It was used by Athletes and soldiers in ancient civilizations as a source of power.
- These are some of the oldest vegetables that were used by the first modern civilizations.
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- Cumin is believed to be originated from Egypt.
- It is a drought-tolerant crop and grows in tropical regions.
- Although it is called Cumin Seed, it is basically fruit of the cumin plant.
- It is commonly known as Jeera in India.
- Around 70% of the world’s cumin production is done in India.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
Eggless Onion Ring
- Take 2-3 onions.
- Slice the onions and separate the rings.
- Take a bowl
- Add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Gram flour – ½ cup
- Rice flour – 4 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Carom seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp (as per taste)
- Mix it.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Mix it and make lump free.
- Add a little water if required.
- Deep onion rings in this batter.
- Now take it out and coat with bread crumbs.
- Deep fry onion rings in hot oil on medium flame.
- Stir & fry uniformly till crisp and golden brown color.
Onion Rings are ready.