Aloo Tikki Burger I आलू टिक्की बर्गर I Veg Burger Recipe
Aloo tikki burger is a delicious burger made with boiled potatoes, carrot and green peas with some Indian spices. It is a very popular recipe.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- Carrot is a root vegetable.
- Carrots have seeds.
- Beta-carotene is released during cooking carrots, which makes carrot even more nutritious.
- Holtville, California is known as “Carrot Capital of the World”.
- Mango is one of the ancients’ fruit found in India. It is said that around 5000 years ago, the Cultivation of Mango started in Eastern Asia.
- Mango is delicious and considered as “King of Fruits”.
- India is termed as the “Mango Capital of the World” as it tops the list of Mango producing countries.
- In 2010, Bangladesh declared the Mango tree as its National Tree.
- Mango is National furit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines.
- Some mango tree species can live up to 300 years and continuously produce fruit.
- Ginger is a rhizome (an underground stem) and not a root.
- India is the largest producer of Ginger.
- In India, use of ginger in medicine goes back to ancient times.
- Its generic name is “Zingiber”. It is derived from the Greek word “zingiberis”, which comes from the Sanskrit name of the spice, “singabera”.
- The intense smell and pungent taste of garlic comes from the large quantity of sulphur in it.
- It has a great importance in Ayurveda.
- Garlic is one of the oldest food flavorings used in ancient times.
- Garlic is one of the oldest cultivated crops.
- National Garlic Day is celebrated on April 19th in USA.
- Cumin is believed to be originated from Egypt.
- It is a drought-tolerant crop and grows in tropical regions.
- Although it is called Cumin Seed, it is basically fruit of the cumin plant.
- It is commonly known as Jeera in India.
- Around 70% of the world’s cumin production is done in India.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
- Black Pepper comes from the dried fruit peppercorn.
- Black Pepper is mainly produced in India, Vietnam, Brazil and Indonesia.
- Black Peppercorns are green when harvested, and change color while drying.
- Pepper loses its flavor and aroma through evaporation. For the best flavor, it may be right before consumption.
- As it was so expensive, it was mostly eaten by the wealthy in the past.
- It is the state vegetable of New Jersey.
- Its juice is state beverage of Ohio.
- Tomato seedlings have been grown in space.
- The world’s largest tomato tree was grown in the experimental greenhouse at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Tomatoes aren’t always red. They can be yellow, pink, purple, black and even white.
- La Tomatina is an annual festival in Spain, where people throw tomatoes at each other.
- The oldest know onion harvest dates back to around 5,000 BC, over 7,000 years ago!
- The sulfuric compounds in onions cause is to cry when we chop them. Chilling it before cutting reduced this effect.
- It was used by Athletes and soldiers in ancient civilizations as a source of power.
- These are some of the oldest vegetables that were used by the first modern civilizations.
Aloo Tikki burger
Aloo Tikki dough
- Take a bowl.
- Add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Boiled Potato – 2 nos
- Grated Carrot – ¼ cup
- Frozen Blanched Peas – ¼ cup
- Salt -1/2 tsp as per taste
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Mango powder – ½ tsp
- Crushed ginger-garlic – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Flattened rice/Poha – ¼ cup
- Mash it.
- Mix well and form dough.
Aloo Tikki Frying
- From Aloo Tikki dough, flat round patties.
- Adjust the size of the patty/tikki as per burger bun’s size.
- Take a bowl and add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Plain flour/Maida – 3 tbsp
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp as per taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mix it.
- Add water and prepare lump free batter.
- The batter should be not very thin or not very thick.
- Now dip Aloo Tikki in batter and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry the Tikki on medium flame till golden brown and crispy.
- Flip it and fry both sides.
- Now Aloo Tikki is ready.
Burger Sauce Preparation
- Take a bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp Veg mayonnaise and 1 tbsp Red chilli sauce.
- Mix well.
- Burger sauce is ready.
- Take a Burger bun.
- Apply 1 tsp burger sauce.
- May a layer of Cabbage/Lettuce leaf over it.
- Put a Aloo Tikki, Tomato slices and Onion slices.
- Sprinkle a little chaat masala.
- Put a cheese slice.
- Apply 1 tsp burger sauce on other part of bun
- Cover it with sauce applied bun.
Aloo Tikki Burger is ready.
- Poha absorbs moisture.
- Bread crumbs can be used Instead of poha.
- Bun can be toasted on a tawa with little butter on medium flame, if desired so.