बाजार जैसी कुरकुरी आलू टिक्की I Aloo Patties #alootikki
Aloo Tikki is a very popular North Indian snack. Aloo tikka, which literally means potato patty. It is very crispy and made of potato. It is a street food across the country. Its taste enhances when served with spicy chutneys like coriander chutney.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- Cumin is believed to be originated from Egypt.
- It is a drought-tolerant crop and grows in tropical regions.
- Although it is called Cumin Seed, it is basically fruit of the cumin plant.
- It is commonly known as Jeera in India.
- Around 70% of the world’s cumin production is done in India.
- Ginger is a rhizome (an underground stem) and not a root.
- India is the largest producer of Ginger.
- In India, use of ginger in medicine goes back to ancient times.
- Its generic name is “Zingiber”. It is derived from the Greek word “zingiberis”, which comes from the Sanskrit name of the spice, “singabera”.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
Crispy Aloo Tikki
- Take 3 boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Mash them
- Add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Chilli flakes – ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Green chilli – 1 tsp
- Crushed ginger – 1 tsp
- Salt (as per taste) – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Mix it well.
- Make the mixture non-sticky and not dry as well.
- Shape the mixture into aloo tikki.
- Shallow fry on low-medium flame.
- Flip after 1-2 minute.
- Fry both sides till golden brown and crispy.
Aloo Tikki is ready