Roti sandwich is a very tasty and healthy recipe. Kids friendly snack recipe which can be made in no time with basic ingredients available in any kitchen and leftover roti.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- It is the state vegetable of New Jersey.
- Its juice is state beverage of Ohio.
- Tomato seedlings have been grown in space.
- The world’s largest tomato tree was grown in the experimental greenhouse at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Tomatoes aren’t always red. They can be yellow, pink, purple, black and even white.
- La Tomatina is an annual festival in Spain, where people throw tomatoes at each other.
- Applying a little mayonnaise on crayon marks on wall and rubbing it gently may neatly clean up the walls without affecting wall colors.
- Mayonnaise is generally not vegetarian, as its main ingredient is egg. But many brands also make egg-free mayonnaise.
- Applying mayonnaise as a hair conditioner has similar effect as regular conditioner.
- The oldest know onion harvest dates back to around 5,000 BC, over 7,000 years ago!
- The sulfuric compounds in onions cause is to cry when we chop them. Chilling it before cutting reduced this effect.
- It was used by Athletes and soldiers in ancient civilizations as a source of power.
- These are some of the oldest vegetables that were used by the first modern civilizations.
- Carrot is a root vegetable.
- Carrots have seeds.
- Beta-carotene is released during cooking carrots, which makes carrot even more nutritious.
- Holtville, California is known as “Carrot Capital of the World”.
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- Black Pepper comes from the dried fruit peppercorn.
- Black Pepper is mainly produced in India, Vietnam, Brazil and Indonesia.
- Black Peppercorns are green when harvested, and change color while drying.
- Pepper loses its flavor and aroma through evaporation. For the best flavor, it may be right before consumption.
- As it was so expensive, it was mostly eaten by the wealthy in the past.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
Leftover Roti Sandwich
- Take a Roti (Chapati).
- Spread tomato sauce and mayonnaise over it.
- Spread chopped Onion, chopped Capsicum, chopped Carrot, small paneer cubes, Chilli flakes, mixed herbs, Black pepper, salt, Mozzarella cheese over the Roti.
- Take another Roti and spread tomato sauce over it. Put this Roti over earlier one.
- Put a tawa on gas on low flame.
- Spread a little butter.
- Place the prepared roti on tawa and cover the lid.
- Cook for 2 mins on low flame.
- Flip it and again cover the lid and cook 1-2 mins on low flame.
Roti sandwich is ready