Leftover Rice Recipe I Fried Rice Recipe I Masala Rice Recipe I Quick and tasty Rice recipe with leftover rice
Leftover rice is one of the most versatile ingredients. One can use it to make fried rice, lemon rice, pakoda, casseroles, rice pudding and even breakfast. This fried rice recipe is very easy to make anytime. It is very tasty and delicious recipe. This recipe made with basic ingredients which are always available in our kitchen.
Ingredients – Interesting facts
- Cumin is believed to be originated from Egypt.
- It is a drought-tolerant crop and grows in tropical regions.
- Although it is called Cumin Seed, it is basically fruit of the cumin plant.
- It is commonly known as Jeera in India.
- Around 70% of the world’s cumin production is done in India.
- Chillies are natural pain killers.
- National Chili Day is celebrated in U.S. on 4th Thursday in February.
- Birds are immune to hotness of Chillies.
- Hottest part of Chilli are its interior veins, and not its seeds.
- The oldest know onion harvest dates back to around 5,000 BC, over 7,000 years ago!
- The sulfuric compounds in onions cause is to cry when we chop them. Chilling it before cutting reduced this effect.
- It was used by Athletes and soldiers in ancient civilizations as a source of power.
- These are some of the oldest vegetables that were used by the first modern civilizations.
- Salt is the most common ingredient in our kitchen.
- It is present in each and every cell of our body.
- Its Latin name is Sal from which the word “salary” is derived. It is believed that in the ancient times, the roman soldiers were paid in salt.
- It is essential for life, but its excess intake poses health risk.
Leftover Rice Recipe I Fried Rice
- Put pan on gas
- Put 2 tbsp oil and heat on medium flame.
- Add the below mentioned ingredients:
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay Leaves – 2 nos
- Green Chilli – 2 nos
- Onion – 1 nos (cut in pieces)
- Cook until onions turn light brown.
- Now add the below mentioned ingreddients:
- Potato – 1 nos
- Green Peas – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1tsp (as per taste)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Mix well
- Cover it and cook on low flame for 3-5 mins until potato cooked.
- Add 2 cup cooked rice.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 1-2 mins on high flame.
Fried Rice I Masala Rice is ready